Concur Technologies, Inc. 2015-Present
Senior Manager Web Development
At Concur I manage the web development for the marketing organization. Our team is in charge of Concur’s 14 global corporate marketing websites. We manage the full web stack from server provisioning/configuration, application code up to our Akamai delivery network. The team is based in Bellevue Washington but interacts with partners and stakeholders all around the globe.
Check out https://www.concur.com to see our work.
- Managing Bellevue based team with 8 employees.
- Working with regional teams to build and manage Concur’s 14 global websites running Drupal 7 and NodeJS.
- Site optimization and A/B testing with Adobe Target and our vendor from E/Y.
- Agile development methodology using KanBon and Jira for our ticketing system.
- Responsible for our hosting architecture and server management. Our Linux web technology stack uses Jenkins, Puppet, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Memcached, Elastic Search, Varnish, MongoDB, NodeJS and MySql all running on Centos and Red Hat Linux.
- Servers are hosted in Concur’s private cloud and on AWS (including AWS China).
- Built code deployment pipeline using Slack, NodeJS, GIT and Jenkins.
- Responsible for our sites Akamai configurations and architecture.
- Managing Concur’s portfolio of domain names.
- Designed and built custom web dashboards using Adobe’s and Google’s developer API’s to retrieve data and store it in a local MongoDB database. The dashboards use HighCharts.js and are displayed on screens in our Bellevue office.
- Our lead generation data flows through our local queuing system then in to Marketo and Salesforce.
Concur Technologies, Inc. 2013-2015
Web Development Manager
- Managing fast paced team using Agile development methodology.
- 6 Web Developers.
- 2 Q/A specialists.
- Providing scope and time estimates for all development projects.
- Reporting on development pipeline and historical throughput using ThoughtWorks Mingle macros.
- Managing linux web technology stack (Jenkins, Puppet, Nginx PHP-FPM, Memcached) running on Centos and Red Hat Linux.
Concur Technologies, Inc. 2012-2013
Lead Web Developer
- Lead developer on development team of 6 in Concur’s marketing department.
- In charge of all code delivery and release automation for all global marketing sites.
- Designed & Built and site architecture using Puppet, Jenkins running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Provide leadership on how all projects will be built and help code on bigger projects.
- Support Q/A with their Selenium code for automated testing.
Concur Technologies, Inc. 2010-2012
Senior Web Developer
- Created Selenium test suite and tests for mission critical site functionality.
- Mentored and taught other developers on our team to help grow their skills and take on more challenging projects.
- Increased site performance and reliability by implementing new caching code and memcached.
- Coded custom php classes and modules for submitting quotes, viewing videos, and handling 18 different localized versions of the site.
- Improved user experience with Omniture’s Test and Target suite to a/b test homepages and landing pages.
- Created staging and Q/A environment builds using custom ant scripts and linux servers.
Concur Technologies, Inc. 2007-2010
- Switched the older static page architecture of concur.com in to a database driven Drupal content management system.
- Coded new theme for concursolutions.com product UI to match the concur.com marketing site’s aesthetic.
- Designed and built a new ajax front end for Concur Client Central. The new UI allows clients faster access to their
Red Earth Media, 2003-2007
Web Designer, Web Developer, Owner
- Designed and built websites for small business clients in Maui, Texas and California.
- Built custom content management systems for clients using PHP and MYSQL.
- Photographed products and built e-commerce sites.