- 10+ years of experience building and managing web sites.
- Currently managing 25 websites running on Drupal and Node.JS.
- Consumer and B2B experience.
- Optimization and A/B Testing experience for demand generation websites.
- Managing hosts on private clouds and public clouds. Loving AWS and Docker!
- Comfortable setting up high availability database configurations using MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with CDN configurations using Akamai and CloudFlare.
- Default toolset of BASH, VIM and GIT.
Principal Web Development Engineer, Docker, 2018 – Present
Team of 1 responsible for development and hosting of www.docker.com and other micro sites. We of course use Docker for container orchestration and delivery.
Director of Web Development, SAP Concur, 2017 – 2018
At Concur I managed web development for the marketing organization. Our team was in charge of Concur’s global corporate marketing websites. We managed the full web stack from server provisioning/configuration, application code, Akamai delivery and domain management. The team was based in Bellevue Washington but interacts with partners and stakeholders all around the globe.
Visit https://www.concur.com to see our work.
- Managing Bellevue based team with 9 employees.
- Working with regional teams to build and manage Concur’s global websites running Drupal 7 and NodeJS.
- Site optimization and A/B testing with Adobe Target.
- Agile development methodology using KanBan and Jira for our ticketing system.
- Responsible for our hosting architecture and server management. Our Linux web technology stack uses Jenkins, Puppet, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Memcached, Elastic Search, Varnish, MongoDB, NodeJS, MySql and Docker. We run everything on Centos and Red Hat Linux.
Servers are hosted in Concur’s private cloud and on AWS (including AWS China).
- Built Slackbot code deployment pipeline using NodeJS, GIT and Jenkins.
- Responsible for our sites Akamai configurations and architecture.
- Managing Concur’s portfolio of domain names with CSC.
- Designed and built custom web dashboards using Adobe’s and Google’s developer API’s to retrieve data and store it in a local MongoDB database. The dashboards use HighCharts.js and are displayed on screens in our Bellevue office.
- Our lead generation data flows through our local queuing system then in to Marketo and Salesforce.
Roles at Concur
Senior Web Development Manager, Concur, 2015 – 2017
Manager Web Development, Concur 2013 – 2015
Lead Web Developer, Concur 2010 – 2013
Senior Web Designer, Concur 2007 – 2010
Freelance Web Design and Development 2003 – 2007
Designed and built custom content management systems for small businesses.
MongoDB & Node.JS, Akamai Web Performance, Drupal Advanced Module Development